Friday, September 23, 2011

Food Friday - Fall Baking

One of my very favorite things about fall is baking. I love to bake anyway, but it's so much more satisfying when it's chilly enough outside that turning on the oven is a comforting act, rather than one of torture. I am a big fan of what I consider to be the fall spices as well...cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves.

So, since I was hosting a meeting at my house last night I took the opportunity to try a new recipe: Applesauce Cake with Caramel Glaze. I found the recipe on one of the food blogs I like to read, Food Lush, this summer and bookmarked it for just such an evening as this.

The cake was really easy to make, incredibly moist and not too sweet. The glaze adds a nice contrast of sweetness and a deeper flavor. I followed the recipe exactly for the first run through, and the only thing I might do differently is to boil the caramel a bit longer to get a slightly more robust flavor. All in all though, this one gets a 10 out of 10. Judging by the empty plates I cleared up, my guests would agree.

I might or might not be eating a piece for breakfast...

Find the recipe here. Drool-inducing photos below.

Pre-glaze

I love the extra fancy-factor of bundt cakes

I had to work hard not to eat the extra glaze
with a spoon. 

No comments: