Thursday, October 13, 2011

These Are a Few

Well, it turns out that sequestering ourselves for the afternoon was just the ticket. Everyone has been in much better moods today (including me!)

I have several posts that are actually about Down syndrome-related topics percolating my in brain but nothing coherent enough to get down on 'paper' yet. So in the spirit of celebrating our improved morale, here is a list of things that make me happy, in no particular order:


Impromptu hugs from my kids

Good smelling laundry

Scoring great deals on stuff

Red wine - especially French

Seasonal candy

Unexpected packages in the mail

A stack of unread books on my nightstand

Not having any solo socks left after folding all the laundry

Giving gifts, particularly when it's Just Because

Fleece

My iPhone

My kids actually eating a meal I prepare

Getting feedback from teachers that makes me feel like they appreciate my kids as individuals

Friendships that last over distance and long gaps between visits

My photo wall (a work in progress)



New white cotton socks

Writing this blog


No comments: