Thursday, April 26, 2012

Because Why Else Would I Keep it for Nine Years?

Today, halfway through my crazy day, I snuck into my bedroom and put on my wedding dress. 



Nine years ago today, friends and family came from three different countries (four if you count Alaska, which should totally BE a different country) to bear witness to our commitment to one another.

Nine years ago today, I said vows that I have kept and will keep, and enjoyed one of the best celebrations of my life. The success of the day was owed almost entirely to my big sister, who coordinated all of the details while I was still in England.

Nine years ago today I was 22 years old. I had fewer lines on my face, highlights in my hair, freshly manicured nails and an even tan. I was not yet a wife and not yet a mother. Today I eyed the sample pot of wrinkle cream in my bathroom drawer, showered in 3 minutes, my nails are short and cuticles chewed and I will never have a line-free tan again. I feel like I've put a lot of miles on the clock since 2003, but life has a richness and a depth I had no idea would exist.

I can't wait to see what additional adventures we've had in another nine years.

Happy anniversary to my other half.

1 comment:

Elsha said...

Happy anniversary!