Sunday, October 21, 2012

Teacher and Student

I started teaching Brighton to peel vegetables the other day. Although she needs a little practice, I am optimistic that in the near future I'll be able to delegate peeling responsibilities entirely.



Other things I am looking forward to making the kids do lovingly teaching self-sufficiency in:

Emptying the dishwasher
Emptying the trash
Cleaning toilets
Picking up dog poop
Raking leaves
Washing dishes
Folding laundry

***

One day this past week I went looking for B, who'd been uncharacteristically quiet and absent from my side. I found her in my bathroom, looking exceedingly guilty, and a bit like Bozo the Clown. She'd gotten into my lipstick and, it appeared, applied it in the general region of her mouth and then used my powder brush (!!!) to smear it over the bottom half of her face. I think I have some other teaching to do...

No comments: