Saturday, December 21, 2013

Things That Are Making Me Smile Today

My adorable five-month-old (!!!) who slept from 7 - 7 last night with one brief wake-up at 2:30. I feel AMAZING today.

My big kids who are currently upstairs in their bathroom bathing plastic animals and toy cars in the sinks. They can be total stinkers but they are incredibly good at entertaining themselves.

My husband, enjoying his first true vacation this year. He's spending it ice fishing in some tiny northern town in South (?) Dakota. It sounds truly awful to me, but is the one thing he does for fun that he finds truly relaxing. To each his own.

A babysitter coming in 15 minutes to watch the kids while I get a haircut. And go to the liquor store because I somehow managed to embark on a five-day solo parenting stint with no wine in the house. Poor planning.

My BFF and her kiddos coming tonight for dinner. Brighton spent a good 30 minutes using half a Costco pack of baby wipes to wipe down the leather living room furniture in anticipation. Rest assured, nothing is actually clean after all that effort.

Planning and shopping for our annual Boxing Day Extravaganza. Since Christmas is quiet for us, Boxing Day is our "big" celebration. We are up to four other families coming and it's going to be complete and utter merry chaos.

Feeling the urge to start blogging again. I have so many things that I want to share, so many amazing experiences I've had this year of change and transition. Here's hoping for some regular napping from the baby so I might have time to actually do it.

No comments: